Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Chelsea Nicole

I disappeared for a while, but I'm back and going to try to stick around. ;) 
The month of March was a hard one for me and I really wanted to dedicate the middle of the month, specifically the 20th, to write and talk about my very best friend.  Whom I lost very unexpectedly in a motorcycle accident on the 20th of March in 2012. I held off talking about her and the incident as I really wanted to write something awesome and memorable for her.  But, I couldn't do it. The one year of her death started out very difficult as everyone flooded her facebook wall with memories and notes about her, and as I personally reminisced, remember and reflected on all of our memories and held them close to my heart in an uncontrollable pile of tears.  I was finally able to pull myself together later in the day, convincing myself that she would give me so much shit for sitting on my couch in a ridiculous pile of tears. It's still unbelieveable and shocking to say the least, that she's not here today. That, for the past year she's been on my mind daily. Every. Single. Day. 
She had just finished nursing school, with her RN.  She actually finished with her bachelors degree, and had just started working in an ICU.  I still can rarely talk about her and look at pictures without tears. Never in a million years did I think something like this would happen to someone so close to me.  You see, we were a lot alike.  Both had a passion for people, nursing and both wanted to be in a trauma type of nursing. Her ultimate goal was doing Doctors Without Boarders. And we always talked and wanted to go overseas together.  The impact she had on people is beyond remarkable and her love and personality still impact so many today.  When she passed I was just trying to figure out my GP and at the same time trying to get into a nursing program close to home, to finish school.  I have no idea how I even finished with my AAS.  If she was not so dedicated to school and education and if I did not feel her and hear her pushing me, I would have never finished. As, those last few months are a complete blurr.  Expect the couple of weeks following her passing.  I've never in my life had sore stomach muscles from crying to much. (Maybe I could blame GP for a little bit of help with that). A little memorial was quickly and beautifully put together by her family very shortly after her passing.  Some parts of it are a blurr and others, unforgettable.  She will forever have an impact on me and I will always have her in the back of my mind as I make my own decisions in life.  So, March was hard as I had not a clue what the "1 year" of her death would bring and I anticipated it to come and go rather quickly.  I never wish anyone to have to say goodbye to such a close friend.  By far the hardest thing in the world.  
...So that sort of explains my disappearance for a month....or so. 
I'd also like to say in the light of National Donate Life Month if you are not a organ and tissue donor would you be so kind and sign up to be one? It's very easy.  You can go to your local DMV and sign up (thats what I did). Or you can go to donateforlife.net.  
My dear Chelsea was an organ and tissue donor and she is saving lives as we speak.
Thanks so much
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment