Thursday, February 7, 2013

More testing....

My most recent "test" was an upper endoscopy. I always loath these tests because I never know how I will feel after or, in this case, before. With this test I had to stop eating and drinking by midnight the night before.  This made me really nervous.  I get full really, really easily, it takes the smallest amount of food to make me extremely full.  So I eat about every 2-3 hours.  Or that's what I *try* really hard to do.  Because my portion sizes are so small, sometimes in the morning I'm so hungry, I have to get out of bed just to grab something to eat.  When my stomach is so empty it makes me feel incredibly nauseous.  (Actually nausea is one of the things I struggle most with - ill get into that later)    So with this particular test, I was not sure how I'd feel the morning before let alone after.  But! I was really okay before, the test was about an hour away so, driving was scary because that also makes me sick (go figure) but mom let me drive, and the morning went well.  It was not one of the mornings where I felt like I needed to eat as soon as I woke, thank goodness!  We got there and they took me right in, got me into what looked like an ER room, prepped me for the test, questions and all.  The doctor stopped in before the test to ask questions of why I was there and what was going on.  It had been two years since my last upper scope so I think it was time for one.   [The last scope I had was one of the first tests they did after they discovered obvious signs of digestive struggles.  Before my dignosis I actually ended up in the ER with ubearable stomach pains, that's when they did a CT and tentatively diagnosed me with Crohns Disease because CT showed swelling in the Ileum, (its part of your small instestines, that type of swelling is seen in people with Crhons). I guess maybe that's another story too?!  Further testing obviously ruled Crohns out.]   The first scope showed a small "abrasion" in my throat.  No clue what that really means, and neither did the doctor that performed the most recent scope. It was nice to talk to the doctor before the test, he seemed really nice and very helpful.  It really seemed that he wanted to help.  He explained he was going take some biopsies and test for a few other things ....that I have not been tested for! Can you believe that!? There are something I have not been tested for! :)   I told doc that I did not need much of the drugs to knock me out, I take to any drug really eaisly and often even feel the effects the whole day of the test, where most people don't.  I said "yea, won't take much to knock me out, should be easy". Well, I lied. At first they could not get me to sleep, and then I woke up in the middle of it, trying to pull the tubes out. Oops! Ha. Never a dull moment. So, then they gave me more to *keep* me asleep. But I woke up okay, was out a little longer, no surprise as they had to drug me good.  I wanted nothing to do with food at first they shoved a basket of (not GP friendly) foods in my face and I asked for just regular crackers.  I'm pretty sure mom told me the first bite I took of the cracker left a pretty priceless look on my face. That was yuck.  Of course I thought I was going to lose my Apples but I was given my Zofran (anti-nausea medicine) and felt better.  What the doctor could see: all normal! I have a small irregular Z line, which is just where our esophagus and stomach meet, it has a certain "Z like pattern" mines irregular, common in people that suffer from GERD.  So that's good, I guess. I was almost hoping for more of an answer, and the doctor to say "oh my gosh, we found this, and guess what? We can completely fix you!" Ha! But, no such luck.  So now? I'm waiting for the results from the biopsies he took, ruling out Celiacs Disease (allergic to gluten - I sware they have tested me for this before, but I assume the biopsy is much more accurate)  and Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis which is allergic reactions to certain foods. (I actually have a friend with this disease, it's an awful terrible disease - and I think of her daily)  He tested me for one other thing, I don't remember what it was. All of the testing I really believe will be negative.  I don't believe I'm having any reactions to anything I'm eating.  But I need that confirmation, I'll see Dr. F , next week! 
We've (doctor and I) decided it was time to do a little more testing, as I'm always feeling really crappy lately and everything I eat seems to make me really sick. 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Also, I'm craving coffee, someone have a cup for me? Please? Thanks! 
(I quit drinking coffee about a year ago, because it really started bothering my stomach (I know, your so surprised!)  I've done well with it, [not drinking it] lately I want some, I have had some actually, tummy hates it) 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment