Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What's for dinner?

I've decided that one of the hardest things for me are: "what the fuck do I cook for dinner"?  It's so flusterating that I can't just think of something and make it. Or I can't just look through a cook book and be like, "yum, I'm so making that tonight".  It's not only that things don't fit my "diet" but I really never know how I'll feel after I eat it. Lately it seems to change, one day I'll eat something and I feel okay, the next time I eat the same thing I feel like complete crap. It's so discouraging.  I love to cook! My OH also loves for me to cook! ;) Hes so spoiled and has got so used to dinner being cooked for him, often times I get a "what for dinner", two seconds after he walks in the door.  (He also blames me for his weight gain since we meet, oops!) But as I said I like to cook, and I like cooking for him! (Let me add, he's been so amazing with the drastic change in our dinners, never complains, never questions the new recipes, and always tries it, have I mentioned lately, how much I love my OH?) Also, I think it's like a hobby for me, I just like to cook! Or bake! Baking is good too! But I've found that's been even more tricky because I don't do so well with the sweet stuff. As, much of it is full of fat.  But! I crave it!  I quit smoking about three years ago and that when I really gained a sweet tooth, sense dealing with GP its gotten wrose! Gah! I hate it. That's the best thing about baking at home is you can change what you want. I'm learning that...slowly.
That leaves me with what the hell is for dinner to to tonight?? :( 
I get tired of this. I was going to do something with chicken, I do really well with chicken. But I think I've made everything under the sun that I can make with chicken.
I've also starting to write things down, like making lists of things that I *can* (normally) eat and trying to go off from that. 
I know this is a normal everyday issue for a lot of families. But when you add a list of, I can't eat that, I can't eat that, or that, it gets über annoying! 
Guys! What's for dinner!?? 
<3
Update: I figured dinner out! I just did some "Dill" Chicken Sammie's' with a touch of hot sauce and some yellow rice! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment